Outstanding Graduate Faculty Leadership Award
The Outstanding Graduate Faculty Leadership Award recognizes graduate faculty who demonstrate the highest level of quality of leadership in their department, college, and UNLV community. Some of the qualities of an exceptional graduate faculty leadership include (but are not limited to):
- Serving on committees and attending events in department, college, Graduate College and UNLV community in support of graduate education.
- Mentoring graduate students to successful achievements (in addition to degree completion).
- Providing outstanding service leadership in collaboration with, or in the service of, the Graduate College.
- Engaging in, leading, or significantly advancing efforts that help move the university toward innovative and impactful graduate education, research, scholarship or creative activity to help meet our shared top tier goals.
The recipient of this Award will receive $1,500 and a plaque, and be recognized at the Annual Academic Achievement Awards Ceremony and at the Annual Graduate College Awards Ceremony.
Outstanding Graduate Faculty Leadership Award Winners
Dr. Hokwon Cho, Department of Mathematical Sciences
Dr. Janet Dufek, Kinesiology
- Nominees must be a full-time tenured or tenure-track member of the Graduate Faculty for a minimum of one year at the time of nomination and must successfully have taught at least two graduate courses during the preceding four years, as well as demonstrate strong leadership in graduate education. A faculty member may receive the Outstanding Graduate Faculty Leadership Award only once in three years.
- Faculty may be nominated by other faculty, or may nominate themselves for this award. Nominators should feel free to resubmit previous nominations.
Directions for Submission
- A two-page description of the nominee's outstanding contributions to advance graduate education. Please provide specific evidence of accomplishments.
- A current Curriculum Vitae of the nominee.
- Two (2) nomination/support letters (one from a graduate student and one from a graduate faculty colleague) evidencing the nominee's outstanding achievements in graduate leadership.
- Nominations must be submitted as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec 1st.