(package worth approx. $30,000 per year)
The UNLV Foundation Board of Trustees Fellowship is made possible by funds from the UNLV Foundation. This prestigious award is granted over four semesters (fall 2024, spring 2024, fall 2024, and spring 2025) to doctoral students in the final two years of their program. The fellowship award covers tuition, fees, full health insurance benefits, and provides a stipend each semester. Fellowship recipients will receive a waiver of out-of-state tuition during the fellowship year, if applicable. Students selected for the fellowship must agree to participate in a limited number of UNLV Foundation events during the period they receive the fellowship.
- Submit an application with all required supporting documents (see Required Application Materials section above) in the Grad Rebel Gateway by the deadline.
- Be a doctoral student in the final two years of their doctoral program during the fellowship.
- Have a graduate GPA of 3.75.
- Submit their dissertation committee chair as the recommendation provider.
- Remain in good standing in their doctoral degree program and enroll in and complete a minimum of 6 graduate credits toward their degree program in each semester of the fellowship year.
Letters of recommendation should describe the applicant’s academic accomplishments, dissertation topic, and the nature of the work the applicant would undertake during the fellowship years. Criteria for selection will also include demonstrated excellence in research; finalists will be required to participate in a face-to-face interview with the awards committee.
Please note, fellowship recipients are expected to focus primarily on their research. As a fellowship recipient, if you plan to engage in employment either on or off campus, you must first receive approval from your department chairperson, followed by the Graduate College dean. Your employment must be limited to 10 hours or less per week and be related to your area of study.
Application open: Oct. 1
Application deadline: Dec. 1