Graduate Course Review Committee
The Graduate College Course Review Committee reviews and recommends approval of graduate-level courses before they are published in the class schedule, Graduate Catalog, or other lists of course offerings. The committee also reviews proposals for all changes to graduate courses, including course deletions. See the Curriculum Changes website for details regarding making modifications to the graduate curriculum.
Schedule of Meetings
Please do some early planning and note the following as your School/College plan curricular changes for your graduate programs in AY2019-20.
- For AY2019-20, the final acceptance of approved School/College Course proposals in Curriculog will be no later than April 28 at 5 p.m.. Any program proposals that have not been forwarded with complete approval signatures in Curriculog to the Graduate Course Review Committee by this time will not be considered for the final Graduate Course Review Committee meeting for AY 2019-20. To allow for sufficient time to review and approval, no exceptions will be made for this hard deadline.
- The final technical review for any program proposals conducted by the Graduate College is April 7, 2020 @ 5pm. This is to allow sufficient time for review and feedback on proposals as well as processing through the Schools/Colleges in order to be included in the final Graduate Course Review meeting. We cannot guarantee that any proposals submitted after this time will be included in the final Graduate Course Review Committee meeting.
The Course Review Committee meets from 1 - 3 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month. Upcoming meetings are scheduled on the following date(s):
- September 11, 2019 – Student Union Room 209, (SU 209)
- October 9, 2019 – Gateway Building, Gather 2 (GTW 269)
- November 13, 2019 – Gateway Building, Gather 2 (GTW 269)
- December 11, 2019 – Gateway Building, Gather 2 (GTW 269)
- February 12, 2020 – Gateway Building, Gather 2 (GTW 269)
- March 11, 2020 – Gateway Building, Gather 2 (GTW 269)
- April 15, 2020 – Gateway Building, Gather 2 (GTW 269)
- May 6, 2020 - Gateway Building, Gather 2 (GTW 269)
Deadlines for Approved Course Review Forms
Please note the approval deadlines for course forms. Though we might be able to approve and create new courses or course changes in the PeopleSoft system after the deadlines below, we cannot guarantee that approved proposals past these deadlines will be available for the desired semester. Thus, we would encourage submission of forms into Curriculog at least one year in advance of intended courses offering dates.