Intercollegiate and Professional Sport Management
UNLV campus + Online
Five reasons to get a master’s degree in Intercollegiate and Professional Sport Management at UNLV:
- Exclusive access to work opportunities with professional sport organizations.
- Behind-the-scenes experiences at sporting events.
- Access to a community of sport professionals and academics eager to share their wealth of knowledge with the next generation of industry leaders.
- Unique focus on the development of Student-Athletes and intercollegiate sport issues.
- Research opportunities with international thought leaders exploring sports betting, eSport regulation, advancing diversity in sport and more.
Professional Sport Partners
Shape Your Degree to Fit Your Career Goals
There’s no such thing as one-size-fits-all in the sports industry. After completing core and research course requirements you can choose your IPSM courses and forge your own path.
More Career Options
- Program Director
- Team Manager
- Compliance Officer
- Player Development Personal
- Athletic Director
- Sport Executive
- Game Operations Manager
Admission, Application, and Degree Requirements
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university
- At least two years of work experience, or equivalent in the sports industry (preferred but not required)
Start off by applying for admission to the UNLV Graduate College online application via the GradRebel Gateway.
You’ll be asked to supply:
- Transcripts from your bachelor’s degree and other college coursework (if applicable)
- Two letters of professional recommendation
- Your resume showing a minimum of two years of work experience, or equivalent (preferred but not required)
- A brief essay stating your interest in the program and field
- Indication of interest in a graduate assistantship, when applicable
Learn more about the IPSM degree coursework, including capstone and internship courses in lieu of a graduate thesis.
Each year, the Sport Innovation Initiative (SII) funds two graduate students to assist with:
- Creation of content and maintenance of social media accounts
- Project research for all of the SRII Pillars of Excellence
- Effective communication regarding UNLV’s impact and activities on sport research education, and innovation
- Maintenance of the SRII researcher database
- Creation of presentation and promotional content
- Conference and event assistance
- IPSM degree program promotion
- Monetary stipend per academic year. See GA Stipend Information.
- Tuition waiver for up to nine credits per semester
- Health insurance
- Professional development and networking opportunities