The Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Intercollegiate and Professional Sport Management prepares graduates for leadership and management-level careers in college, amateur and professional sport organizations, teams, and events. This program is distinguished by its inclusion of topics in youth and intercollegiate athletics with specialization areas such as diversity in sport leadership, sport analytics, and governance. This program allows students to choose a sequence of courses emphasizing intercollegiate athletic or professional sport management.
Intercollegiate Athletics Track
Professional Sports Track
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking and ethical decision-making skills to contemporary leadership, management, policy, governance, and legal issues within the sport context.
- Explain and interpret historical inequities in sport and how preconceived notions of sexuality, race and ethnicity, achievement, and competition often result in overt and covert discrimination within sport organizations.
- Apply personal, interpersonal, and team-based skills required to:
- Effectively manage and lead a diverse workforce within the context of a sport organization, and
- Make a positive impact on sport organizations within regional, national, and global communities.
- Develop policies informed by data that can create a lasting organizational culture that values diversity and continues to provide opportunities to all consumers, constituents, and stakeholders.
- Apply the concepts, models, strategies, and language required to effectively manage and lead a sport organization.
- Critique, evaluate, and use scholarship to inform policy and practice.
- Athlete development specialist
- Athletic event management
- Athletics administration
- Business development
- Business intelligence
- Contract negotiator and/or administrator
- Event management
- Financial analyst
- League or franchise administration
- Marketing, sales, and/or public relations manager
- Operations and facilities manager
- Player development specialist
- Social media and digital media management
- Sports agent or managers
- Sports data analyst/statistician
- Sports lawyer - athlete representation
- Sports league administration
Master of Education - Intercollegiate and Professional Sport Management
Nancy Lough, Ed.D.
Educational Psychology, Leadership, and Higher Education
The Department of Educational Psychology, Leadership, and Higher Education provides instruction in, and the delivery of, innovative research to inform the educational process from early childhood through higher education.
College of Education
The College of Education creates an intellectual environment that promotes quality instruction, significant research, and professional service. With four unique departments, graduates receive the necessary tools and experiences to make an impact on local, national, and global scales.