Disclose an Invention

If you are a faculty inventor and would like to patent and commercialize your product or service, you first need to contact the Office of Economic Development.

We are here to help you navigate the technology development and transfer process, and have simplified it into a step-by-step procedure beginning with our Invention Disclosure Form. Invention disclosure forms are submitted online through Inventor Portal. 

For your convenience, we have step-by-step walkthroughs - Inventor Portal Guide. Or use this Quick Start Guide .

Learn more about how technology transfer can benefit you, the policies that govern intellectual property, and the steps and timeline involved in the tech transfer process by getting in touch with us today.