Student Organization Funding

Procedure for Requesting Funds

Below you will find the procedure for requesting funds from CSUN for your Registered Student Organization. Questions should be directed to Ways and Means Chair Trey Curtis-Brown at the new email address:  Please pay special attention to the new email address as requests will only be checked at that inbox.


  • Student organizations must be a Registered Student Organization (RSO).
  • RSO's must be a registered UNLV Supplier and have either a Tax ID Number or EIN.
  • All funds being distributed must go towards undergraduate students.
  • Once approved for funding, a representative of at least one undergraduate student member must return to CSUN Senate with a brief summary of your accomplishments in the 2018-2019 academic year to be eligible for funding in the 2019-2020 academic year.
  • If your organization received funding last fiscal year (June 30, 2018 - July 1, 2019) and has not submitted receipts by September 1, 2019, your organization may not be eligible for funding for this fiscal year.
  • If your organization does not have an EIN or Supplier ID, you may have a university account and a program code (that looks like this: PGxxxxx) that you can provide to denote the university account in which to transfer awarded funds.
  • Please refer to the Operating Policy for any other eligibility requirements.


  • Please read through our Operating Policy as a whole before applying for funding. If you have specific questions about the operating policy, please contact us through
  • Required Documents for Funding
    • Cover Letter
    • Budget
    • Quotes for every line item all on one word document
      • Quotes can consist of screenshots from websites, invoices, etc.
      • If you are requesting funding for SUES, please also include your reservation summary
    • Complete, attach the appropriate files listed above, and submit to the Google Form.
  • Presentation to the Committee
    • Once the committee receives your Google Form Submission, your budget and your cover letter, we will contact you via email to set up your presentation date about a week after you are approved by the committee. (Keep in mind this will fall on a Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.)
    • Your organization will be seen according to when you complete your submission to the Google Form.
  • Presentation to the Senate
    • Once the committee approves your organization for funds, your organization will then present to the CSUN Senate for final approval.
  • Approval
    • Once approved by the CSUN Senate, operating and receiving funds will be accessed through our Business Manager, Elba Palacios (
  • If you have any questions, please email
  • Please review the Frequently Asked Questions and Answers below.

We look forward to working with you!

— The Ways and Means Committee

Required Documents

Frequently Asked Questions

What's a supplier ID? Do I need this?

Any Registered Student Organization looking for funding from a UNLV entity, such as CSUN, must be a registered supplier.

If you experience difficulties with the site, please utilize the following email address with questions:

What's an EIN/Tax ID?

Each RSO must provide their EIN/Tax ID information to CSUN, basically the equivalent of a social security number for a business or organization. In order to register as a supplier with NSHE, you had to provide your EIN in the application process. They are obtained from the IRS.

IRS Website

How do I set up a bank account?

We cannot provide any specific instructions on how registered student organizations (RSOs) manage their funds in off-campus accounts but the following is common among other organizations. Most other RSOs choose to open a bank account under the RSO's name. US Bank (located on the 1st floor of the SU) is the most common due to proximity and their familiarity with our RSOs, but other banks are also utilized. A few notes about opening an off-campus bank account:

  • It is optimal to make sure multiple people in your organization have access to the funds in that account and to make financial decisions
  • Think hard about how you will make sure there is accountability and transparency for your organization's funds
  • Devise a method for passing down financial information to the next generations of members
Do I need to use the budget and cover letter templates provided?

Yes, they provide a method for ensuring consistency and efficiency throughout both the committee and senate meetings.

Were not all of your needs met?

If your needs are not able to be fully met by CSUN, please check out Rebel Raiser.

How long will it take for the funding to arrive after approval?

Often times within two weeks, but there is no set timeline.