CSUN RSO Funding
Procedure for Requesting Funds
Below you will find the procedure for requesting funds from CSUN for your Registered Student Organization. Questions should be directed to Ways and Means Chair De’Liza Galimidi at [email protected].
- Student organizations must be a Registered Student Organization.
- Funds must go towards undergraduate students.
- Once approved for funding, a representative must come back to CSUN with a brief summary of your accomplishments in the 2016/2017 academic year to be eligible for funding in the 2017/2018 academic year.
- Review our Operating Policy to view the items we fund.
- If you feel that you should be exempt from our policy, you may fill out the Appellate Form and present to the committee. Approval is at the discretion of the Committee with a two-thirds vote in favor. The Appellate Form file is attached at the end of these instructions.
- Apply for funding. We recommend you use a computer and take your time completing both forms to ensure accuracy.
- Complete the Google Form.
- Create a budget (using the excel template provided below) and cover letter for your organization's funding. Ensure both are compliant with our Operating Policy and the guidelines shown in the Google form. Email both to the chair of the Ways and Means Committee at [email protected] with the subject "(Name of RSO) Budget and Cover letter".
- Presentation to the Committee: Once the committee receives your Google form submission, your budget and your cover letter, we will contact you to set up your presentation date.
- Presentation to the Senate: Once the committee approves your organization for funds, your organization will present to the CSUN Senate.
- Approval: Once approved by the CSUN Senate, operating funds will be accessed through our advisor.
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected] to make an appointment with a committee member.
We look forward to working with you!
- The Ways and Means Committee