Student Organization Funding
Procedure for Requesting Funds
Below you will find the procedure for requesting funds from CSUN for your Registered Student Organization. Questions should be directed to Ways and Means Chair Adam Almosawy at [email protected].
- Student organizations must be a Registered Student Organization (RSO).
- RSO’s must both have a Tax ID Number or EIN & be a registered UNLV Supplier
- All funds being distributed must go towards undergraduate students.
- All RSO’s are held to a $6000 limit for funding requests as stated in our operating policy. (Organizations can appeal from this policy and present to committee)
- All approved funding requests may only be funded up to 50% of the total amount encumbered from traveling.
- Once approved for funding, a representative must return to CSUN Senate with a brief summary of your accomplishments in the 2017/2018 academic year to be eligible for funding in the 2018/2019 year.
- Each RSO that receives funding must submit copies of receipts for proof of purchase by the end of the fiscal year of funding (June 30th, 2018)
- Please slowly read through the “Funding Guidelines” section of our Operating Policy so you are aware of the necessary requirements that are expected of you as an RSO in order to receive funding.
- If for any reason you feel that you should be exempt from our policy, you may fill out the Appellate Form and present to the committee. Approval is at the discretion of the committee with a two-thirds vote in favor. (The Appellate Form file is attached at the end of these instructions.)
- Apply for funding (we highly encourage you to use a computer and take your time completing both forms to ensure accuracy.)
- Complete and submit the Google Form
- Create a Budget & Cover Letter
- Please use the excel template and example cover letter provided below if you are having any difficulties
- Ensure both of these are compliant with our Operating Policy as well as the guidelines that are highlighted in the Google Form.
- Email both to the Ways and Means Committee at [email protected]
- Presentation to the Committee
- Once the committee receives your Google Form Submission, your budget and your cover letter, we will contact you via email to set up your presentation date. (Keep in mind this will most likely fall on a Tuesday evening)
- Presentation to the Senate
- Once the committee approves your organization for funds, your organization will then present to the CSUN Senate for final approval.
- Once approved by the CSUN Senate, operating and receiving funds will be accessed through our advisor, Kathy Schreiber ([email protected])
- If you have any questions, please email [email protected] to make an appointment with either the Chair of the committee or a committee member.
We look forward to working with you!
— The Ways and Means Committee