This fact sheet should be sent to the candidate.
Prior to making any travel arrangements determine whether UNLV needs to assist with visa status for the interview. If so, contact the International Student and Scholar Office at 702-895-0218 or email at email@example.com.
You may be reimbursed for travel, lodging, and per diem expenses after your visit, and only upon presentation of original paid receipts with prior approval.
Reimbursement may be made for:
- Airfare (requires passenger receipt coupon plus itinerary invoice or for ticketless air travel, the confirmation/itinerary receipt). When flying, additional fees such as an upgrade to the Business Select level, early bird check in, flight insurance, non-mandatory seat selection or fees for more than one checked bag, etc. will not be reimbursed to the traveler. TSA pre-check or similar fees will not be reimbursed.
- Lodging (requires detailed hotel bill showing a zero dollar balance and your method of payment). The rate cannot exceed the GSA rate for Las Vegas.
- Public ground transportation (i.e., taxi, and shuttle, service) to the airport.
- Parking charges at the departure airport.
- Personal vehicle mileage at standard rate the convenience of the University or half the standard rate for the convenience of the traveler.
Reimbursement may not be made for:
- Tips or gratuities
- Room service
- Personal phone charges (non-UNLV business related)
- Personal incidentals
- In-flight meals
- Rental car vehicle costs
It is your responsibility to inform the department representative at least three working days prior to your arrival of any special accommodation needs you may require during the interview process.
You will need to coordinate with the department representative, to receive approved rate.
UNLV will reimburse you meal per diem when in a travel status (no receipt is required) as follows:
||Meal Time Frames
||See GSA Table
||12:01 a.m.–10 a.m.
||10:01 a.m.–3 p.m.
To obtain reimbursement for expenses other than meals, you must submit original expense receipts.
1099-MISC/W-2 Reportable Income - there may be tax consequences associated with your reimbursement when there are unusual circumstances. You should explore these with a qualified tax specialist.
Notice: Only interested candidates should accept an invitation to interview. Should a candidate decline a letter of offer, UNLV may opt not to reimburse the candidate for interview expenses (Nevada State Administrative Manual, Section 0238.0 and NRS 281.169).