Subscriptions for purchases of books, magazines, newspapers, films, publications or software as a service shall be in the name of the university, not the name of the employee or student.
A subscription may not be mailed or addressed to a home address.
Example of a proper subscription address:
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
College of Education (Professor John Doe)
4505 Maryland Pky Box 45xxxx
Las Vegas NV 89154-xxxx
Payment for either a new or a renewed subscription, up to one year, may be made in the fiscal year the original subscription is invoiced or the renewal invoice is received.
- State funds are authorized for use if the invoice date is on or before June 30 of the current year and effective for the following fiscal year
- State funds are not authorized for use if the invoice date is on or after July 1 of the following fiscal year and also effective for the following fiscal year.
- Regardless of source of funds, a request for payment of a subscription longer than one year must include justification of the cost advantage of subscribing for a period longer than one year.
- No payments will be permitted for more than a two-year subscription period.
- Only one payment per subscription may be made in the same fiscal year.