Graduate Certificate in Teacher Licensure: K-12 Music
The Graduate Certificate in Teacher Licensure: K-12 Music develops advanced competencies in music teaching and provides the means for students holding an undergraduate music degree the opportunity to earn teaching licensure in Nevada.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
Students graduating from the UNLV School of Music with a Graduate Certificate in Music Education; Concentration in Teacher Licensure: K-12 Music will:
- Demonstrate advanced competencies in the area of specialization requisite for artistic expression.
- Display the ability to work in the area of specialization with a broad range of knowledge, skills, and perspectives within a full range of musical styles, including the capacities to engage musically, artistically, and intellectually beyond the area of specialization.
- Develop advanced capabilities to work independently and make effective artistic and intellectual judgements and professional decisions in the area of specialization.
- Synthesize performance, historical, stylistic, analytical, and technological information to form musical interpretations and inform scholarly research.
- Demonstrate broad graduate-level perspectives on contemporary issues and problems in music education, including curriculum development, teaching methodology, educational innovation, etc.
There are many careers and job options available with the talent, skill, and imagination you will develop through your academic program such as:
- Arts administrator
- Music technologist
Music educators teach in:
- Private studios
- Public schools
- Colleges and universities
- Community music schools
- Early childhood music programs (Suzuki, Kindermusik, etc.)
There are many other positions in arts administration; artist management; media music; music retailing; instrument repair; manufacturing and design; and the recording industry.
If there are no Plans of Study listed under this program, they may be listed under one of its sub-plans.