The Certificate in Early Childhood Special Education-Infancy (ECSE-Infancy) program is a graduate certificate program designed for individuals who want to acquire specific ECSE-Infancy skills to meet the needs or demands of their workplace and a Nevada Department of Education (NDE) endorsement. The certificate program is suitable for students with no prior ECSE background, as well as for those who have prior ECSE knowledge or education and want to acquire specific additional skills. The following are examples of students who can benefit from the program:
- Individuals who have graduated from an ECE undergraduate program or related program several years ago who can use the Certificate in ECSE-Infancy program to stay current with ECSE changes.
- ECSE professionals who want to retool themselves to acquire new ECSE skills.
- Individuals with no formal prior ECSE education who want to learn about ECSE and earn the NDE endorsement in ECSE-Infancy.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Communicate and work with families of children who have disabilities and who are under 8 years of age.
- Identify systems and processes related to the coordination and collaboration of services among other agencies and disciplines which serve children who have disabilities and who are under 8 years of age.
- Describe issues regarding physical and medical management of children who have disabilities.
Graduate Certificate in Early Childhood Special Education - Infancy
EMS Graduate Coordinator
Department of Early Childhood, Multilingual, and Special Education
The Department of Early Childhood, Multilingual, and Special Education (EMS) is designed and dedicated to prepare professionals for specialized services in schools, community agencies, and higher education settings. We promote and embrace the concept of cultural diversity and we affirm our commitment to the ethical standards of our respective disciplines.
College of Education
The College of Education creates an intellectual environment that promotes quality instruction, significant research, and professional service. With four unique departments, graduates receive the necessary tools and experiences to make an impact on local, national, and global scales.