UNLV’s Top Tier Mission
UNLV’s diverse faculty, students, staff, and alumni promote community well-being and individual achievement through education, research, scholarship, creative activities, and clinical services. We stimulate economic development and diversification, foster a climate of innovation, promote health, and enrich the cultural vitality of the communities that we serve.
We will evaluate our success as a leading research university by our progress on these measures:
- Impact of our research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- Student achievement of learning outcomes.
- Student, faculty, and staff diversity, including maintaining UNLV’s Minority Serving Institution (MSI) status and Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) status.
- Intellectual activity, patents, startups, and entrepreneurial activity fostered by UNLV.
- Impact of our clinical services.
- A deeper engagement of UNLV with Las Vegas and our region to ensure ongoing alignment with our diverse community’s needs and interests.
- Carnegie Classification criteria (research expenditures, doctoral degrees granted per year, number of non-faculty research staff and postdocs).
- Faculty satisfaction and infrastructure improvements.
As a measure of overall university effectiveness and progress, UNLV will prepare, implement, and disseminate a progress card.