UNLV’s Top Tier Mission
UNLV’s diverse faculty, students, staff, and alumni promote community well-being and individual achievement through education, research, scholarship, creative activities, and clinical services. We stimulate economic development and diversification, foster a climate of innovation, promote health, and enrich the cultural vitality of the communities that we serve.
We will evaluate our success as a leading research university by our progress on these key measures:
- Impact of our research, scholarship, and creative activities.
- Student achievement of learning outcomes.
- Placement into preferred employment or post-graduate educational opportunities.
- Student, faculty, and staff diversity, including maintaining UNLV’s Minority Serving Institution (MSI) status and Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) status.
- Intellectual activity, patents, and entrepreneurial activity fostered by UNLV.
- Quality and impact of our clinical services.
- Alignment of our physical infrastructure and organizational effectiveness with our Top Tier mission.
- A deeper engagement of UNLV with Las Vegas and our region to ensure ongoing alignment with our diverse community’s needs and interests.
- Carnegie Classification criteria (research expenditures; doctoral degrees granted per year; number of non-faculty research staff, such as postdocs; and Carnegie Community Engagement status).
As a measure of overall university effectiveness and progress, UNLV will prepare, implement, and disseminate a progress card.