NEW Leadership Nevada
NEW Leadership Nevada is our flagship educational outreach program. NEW Leadership™ is a national nonpartisan program to educate college women about politics and leadership and encourage them to become effective leaders in the political arena. As an official NEW Leadership™ Network Partner, we provide intensive training featuring an innovative curriculum designed to:
- Teach students about the diversity of women's historical and contemporary participation in politics and policy making;
- Connect students with women leaders who make a difference in the public sphere, education, gaming, business, law, politics, banking, community activism, and more;
- Help students explore the demands of justice based, effective, and ethical leadership in a diverse society;
- Cultivate students' leadership skills;
- Enable students to practice leadership through action; and
- Build a state wide network of peers and mentors.
The centerpiece of the program is a 6-day summer institute that brings together 25 college students from across the state to learn about civic participation from accomplished women leaders. Students meet formally and informally with these leaders through a series of panels, lectures, and interactive workshops and create lasting networks and mentoring relationships.
NEW Leadership Nevada is open to undergraduate and graduate students attending a college or university in Nevada. Nevada residents attending schools in other states are also encouraged to apply. Find out more and learn how to get involved on our NEW Leadership Program page.