High School Students
Army ROTC High School Scholarship
This scholarship is for high school seniors (or individuals who will receive their GEDs) planning to enter college as a freshmen the fall following their senior year in high school.
The scholarship pays:
- Full tuition plus mandatory fees or applied toward room and board
- A $1,200-per-year book allowance
- A tax-free stipend based on academic status during the academic year ($300 per month for freshmen, $350 per month for sophomores, $450 for juniors, and $500 for seniors)
Applications are available on the Cadet Command website.
Deadline for starting applications is Jan. 10 of your senior year.
To be eligible for a high school scholarship:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be 17 by October of the semester you are entering college but not reach 31 years of age before Dec. 31 of the year you graduate from college and receive your commission
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 2.5
- Be a high school graduate or possess an equivalent certificate by September of the year you will enter college
- Score a minimum of 920 on the SAT or a 19 composite on the ACT, not including the written portion of the test
- Have no moral or personal conviction that will prevent you from:
- Bearing arms
- Supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States
- Receive a waiver for any arrest or civil conviction (if applicable)
Although medical qualification is not required to be eligible to receive a scholarship offer, medical qualification is required in order to receive the scholarship benefits.
To receive the scholarship benefits, you must also agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or Reserve Duty (Army National Guard or U.S. Army Reserve) upon graduation and receipt of your commission.