As an individual cardholder, you are required to:
- Attend initial and any additional required training.
- Consult the manual to ensure proper use of the card.
- Safeguard the card.
- Report a lost or stolen card IMMEDIATELY. Your department has full liability for all purchases made before a card is reported lost or stolen. Although the card is issued in the cardholder's name, it is the property of the university.
- Ensure the PCard is used for official university purchases and not personal use.
- Follow all university, Board of Regents, state, federal, and purchasing guidelines.
- Alert vendors that the university is tax-exempt.
- Resolve any discrepancies with vendors.
- Ensure merchant documentation is complete and available for every transaction.
- Ensure monthly reconciliations are completed correctly and on time.
- Return card to purchasing coordinator upon termination of employment or transfer to another department or at the request of your department head or the PCard administration.
Obtaining a PCard
Once card eligibility is determined (by the department chair, director, dean, vice president, provost, or president), please complete the following steps to have a PCard issued in your name:
- Fill out the (Individual) Cardholder Account Application and Cardholder Agreement. The signature authorities for the referenced default and backup accounts must provide approval for use by signing the account application. These forms must then be signed by the department chair, director, dean, vice president, provost, or president.
- Fill out the PVS Net Account Application if another individual will serve as the Liaison Request and Agreement. (Please refer to Appendices A and B.)
- Bring completed forms to the program coordinator in CSB 235. We suggest you hand deliver the application to our office because of the personal contents included.
- Wait to be contacted to schedule a training session, and remember to bring photographic identification (current driver's license, military ID card, passport, or Rebel Card) to the training session.
- Complete training and successfully complete the post-test.
- Sign the back of the card.