Our research partnership with EAB provides everyone at UNLV with resources to learn about best practices in higher education and discover actionable insights. EAB works closely with leaders within each division and across the university to inform thinking and execute on strategy. All faculty, staff, and administrators across campus have access to EAB’s website and can tap into the research, ready-to-use toolkits, on demand webinars, and other resources that are available as part of our partnership. We also have the ability to speak with EAB experts as needed to discuss specific topics or brainstorm on strategies.
What is EAB?
Remaining aware of best practices in higher education is critical to moving forward as a university. By leveraging partnerships with organizations such as EAB, we can position ourselves for success in meeting our strategic goals and priorities.Chris L. Heavey, Ph.D., Executive Vice President and Provost
To access EAB’s reports, articles, webinars, and other tools available as part of our institutional membership, log into the EAB website. The site is protected for members-only access.
To create your account and log in for the first time:
1. Go to the EAB’s website, located at www.eab.com
2. Click on the Login link in the upper right hand corner above the search bar. Select Create an Account.
3. Enter your UNLVMail (@unlv.edu) address in the Email field.
4. Use the drop-down menus to select the Country, State/Province, and City where UNLV is located (i.e., “United States,” “Nevada,” and “Las Vegas”).
5. Choose “University of Nevada, Las Vegas” from the “Your Organization” drop-down menu.
6. Click on Go to Step 2.
7. Enter your name, title, and contact information and then select Register Now.
8. Once you receive an email in your UNLVMail account, click on the link to create a password and confirm your account.
Customize Your Experience
To make the most of EAB.com, use the following tips to customize your experience.
EAB Daily Briefing
Sign up for the EAB Daily Briefing and receive industry news and the latest research to your inbox
- Go to the EAB website and click on the Research and Insights tab toward the left of the menu at the top of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Subscribe.
- Submit your UNLVMail address.
My EAB Dashboard
Select topics of interest for your My EAB dashboard
- Log into the EAB website and click on Customize Menu on the top right.
- Select up to four topics to display, and then select Save Menu.
- Access research related to these topics via the navigation bar or under the “My EAB” tab.
Save resources to your My EAB dashboard for future reference
- Navigate to the resource that you would like to access again in the future.
- Scroll on the page to activate a navigation banner at the top and select Save.
- To return to the saved page, click on My EAB on the top left of the page.
- Scroll down to Recent Favorites to review the recent items you have saved.
- See a full list of resources you have saved when you click on More.
- Remove an item from your saved library by returning to the resource and clicking on Remove in the navigation banner (in the same place where you previously clicked on Save).
Use the Advanced Search to limit your results to specific topics or types of resources (e.g., blog post, study, etc.)
- Search for a topic or term using the search bar at the top of the page.
- On the search results page, select Advanced Search on the top right to refine your results.
- Filter by institution type, product, topic, or content type.
- Click on Update Results at the top of the page to see results with your filters applied.
Enjoy Free Trial Access for EAB resources that fall outside UNLV’s memberships
- There are times when you may click on a resource and land on a screen that says “Free Trial Access.”
- Every member can access five resources from outside their EAB memberships annually.
- When you click on Access, you will use a token and gain access to the resource for 24 hours.
- If you are not logged in, you will need to input your email and password to use your token and access the resource.
- If you want to learn more about free access, visit the Free Trial Access FAQ page.
EAB Research Forums
UNLV has a membership to the following five research forums from EAB.
Click on the subject areas and follow the links below to see some of EAB’s research and resources that are readily available to you. These are a small sample of the types of resources to which we have access within the different focus areas.
- Academic Resource Efficiency
- Student Success
- Faculty Development
Professional and Adult Education
- Organizational Design
- Marketing and Recruiting
- Program Design
- Market Innovation
- IT Governance and planning
- Security and risk management
- Enterprise data management
- Infrastructure and operations
Please direct specific questions about EAB products and requests for consultation to our EAB Strategic Leader:
Christina Hunt, Strategic Leader, Research Member Success, EAB
If you would like to reach a campus administrator for assistance with EAB resources, please contact the Provost’s office:
Tondra De, Chief of Staff, Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost