The Richard Tam Alumni Center and the UNLV Foundation Building are located just minutes from McCarran International Airport and the Las Vegas Strip. Both facilities have hosted many functions for on- and off-campus groups, including visits by president candidates, corporate meetings and events, and family events such as weddings and reunions.

The Richard Tam Alumni Center, which opened in 1990, is located on the corner of Harmon Avenue/Maude Frazier Way and Maryland Parkway. The space is perfect for a small intimate business lunch, a community lecture or civic event, or a wedding or other social reception. The Richard Tam Alumni Center consists of four different event spaces to accommodate your meeting and event needs.

The UNLV Foundation Building is located on the corner of Cottage Grove and Maryland Parkway. Opening in 2001, it has spaces perfect for a business lunch, a community lecture of civic event, or a wedding or other social reception. It has three spaces available. 

No matter the event, the Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement staff will provide you with the highest-quality service possible to ensure the success of your event.

Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of meeting spaces are available to rent through Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement?

Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement has meeting and event space available to rent in the Richard Tam Alumni Center and the UNLV Foundation Building.

Can I use the same reservation form for recurring events?

Yes. The same reservation form can be used for various events as long as they are standing meetings or recurring events. Individual, non-recurring events will require a reservation form for each.

If we are a registered UNLV student organization, do we have to pay a rental fee?

Yes. We do not currently offer free rental space to any organizations. However, registered student organizations do receive a substantial discount on all rental fees. If you are looking for free space, please contact the Student Union & Event Services office at 702-895-4449.

Do we need insurance for our event, and where can we get it?

All clients who are inviting off-campus guests to their events must provide proof of insurance to hold any event anywhere on UNLV property.

How do I show proof of my nonprofit status?

Nonprofit organizations must show proof of their 501(c)(3) status through federal tax documents or information on official company letterhead.

Do we have to use UNLV Catering for our food and beverage needs?

We strongly recommend using UNLV Catering for your event’s food and beverage needs. UNLV Catering is familiar with our campus and facility and can ensure success. If you choose to use another caterer, you must provide proper insurance from the caterer, or confirm that we have the insurance on file, prior to the event.

Can we have alcohol at our event?

Yes, permits must be obtained and approved by the UNLV Vice President for Student Affairs. If approval is granted, a licensed bartender must serve, and their certifications must be on file prior to the event.

If I need additional equipment (tables, chairs, audiovisual, etc.), can I bring in my own?

If we do not have the equipment needed for your event, you may rent or bring your own. However, if you do bring your own equipment, we cannot offer setup or technical assistance.

What equipment is included with the space?

Each room has different equipment built into or associated with it. When booking the space, all included equipment will be disclosed.

Additional Questions?

Contact Us

UNLV Foundation Facilities
Phone: 702-895-3641