The application process for the Athletic Training Education program takes place during the fall semester only. Completing the requirements does not guarantee admission. A maximum of 14 students are accepted each year.
To complete the application process, students must:
- Complete or be currently enrolled in:
- SIM 101 — Introduction to Athletic Training (or equivalent)
- Anatomy (i.e., BIO 223, KIN 245, or equivalent)
- Have a UNLV cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher. If new to UNLV, the cumulative GPA from all other schools attended will be used. Transcripts from all institutions, including UNLV, are required at the time of application.
- Attend the athletic training program orientation meeting, scheduled for the second Thursday of September in BHS 449 at 4 p.m.
- Complete 25 hours of observation in the UNLV Athletic Training Facilities during the five-week observation period.
- Have two recommendation forms completed. UNLV athletic training faculty and staff may not complete these forms.
- Submit the completed application.
- Pass the written entrance examination.
The program director will select 20 students for interviews based on their written entrance exam scores, GPAs, recommendation letters, previous clinical experience, and application essays. The interviews will determine the 14 top students who will be accepted in the program. Those selected are required to declare athletic training as their major.