Outstanding Graduate Faculty Mentorship Award
- Provides sound counsel and advocacy on academic and non-academic issues.
- Guides mentee with retention, progress, and completion via frequent communication and discussion of deadlines and timelines.
- Well-structured relationships with students that lead to successful completion of degrees. These relationships include service on committees, mentoring, funding, intellectual and creative support, advocacy, and respect for students.
- Committed efforts to assist the mentee with networking, job placement and professional development.
- Serves as a role model for teaching, research, and outreach.
- Elevates the productivity and success of the mentee.
The recipient of this Award will receive $1,500 and a plaque, and be recognized at the Annual Academic Achievement Awards Ceremony and at the Annual Graduate College Awards Ceremony.
Congratulations to the 2017 Winner
Dr. Daniel Allen, College of Liberal Arts
- Nominees must be UNLV graduate faculty (tenured or tenure-track) who mentor graduate students.
- Nominees must have graduated at least one doctoral, specialist, or master’s student during the preceding year and must have graduated two additional graduate students in the past five years.
- Faculty may be nominated by other faculty, or may nominate themselves for this award. Nominators should feel free to resubmit previous nominations.
Directions for Submission
- A two-page description of the nominee's outstanding contributions to graduate education. Please provide specific evidence of accomplishments in as many of the evaluation criteria outlined above as are relevant.
- A current Curriculum Vitae of the nominee.
- Two (2) nomination/support letters (one from a graduate student and one from a graduate faculty colleague) evidencing the nominee's outstanding achievements in graduate student mentorship and graduate education.
- Letter of support and acknowledgement of positive student evaluations from department chair.
- Nominations must be submitted as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec 1st.