Outstanding Graduate Faculty Mentorship Award
- Provides sound counsel and advocacy on academic and non-academic issues.
- Guides mentee with retention, progress, and completion via frequent communication and discussion of deadlines and timelines.
- Well-structured relationships with students that lead to successful completion of degrees. These relationships include service on committees, mentoring, funding, intellectual and creative support, advocacy, and respect for students.
- Committed efforts to assist the mentee with networking, job placement and professional development.
- Serves as a role model for teaching, research, and outreach.
- Elevates the productivity and success of the mentee.
The recipient of this Award will receive $1,500 and a plaque, and be recognized at the Annual Academic Achievement Awards Ceremony and at the Annual Graduate College Awards Ceremony.
Outstanding Graduate Faculty Mentorship Award Winner
Dr. Janet Dufek, Kinesiology
Daniel N. Allen, Psychology
- Nominees must be UNLV graduate faculty (tenured or tenure-track) who mentor graduate students.
- Nominees must have graduated at least one doctoral, specialist, or master’s student during the preceding year and must have graduated two additional graduate students in the past five years.
- Faculty may be nominated by other faculty, or may nominate themselves for this award. Nominators should feel free to resubmit previous nominations.
Directions for Submission
- A two-page description of the nominee's outstanding contributions to graduate education. Please provide specific evidence of accomplishments in as many of the evaluation criteria outlined above as are relevant.
- A current Curriculum Vitae of the nominee.
- Two (2) nomination/support letters (one from a graduate student and one from a graduate faculty colleague) evidencing the nominee's outstanding achievements in graduate student mentorship and graduate education.
- Letter of support and acknowledgement of positive student evaluations from department chair.
- Nominations must be submitted as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by Dec 1st.