The Outstanding Graduate Faculty Mentorship Award recognizes tenured or tenure-track members of the Graduate Faculty who provide outstanding mentorship in support of their graduate students’ success. The graduate faculty member includes but not limited to the following. The graduate faculty member:
- Provides sound counsel and advocacy on academic and non-academic issues.
- Guides mentee with retention, progress, and completion via frequent communication and discussion of deadlines and timelines.
- Well-structured relationships with students that lead to successful completion of degrees. These relationships include service on committees, mentoring, funding, intellectual and creative support, advocacy, and respect for students.
- Committed efforts to assist the mentee with networking, job placement and professional development.
- Serves as a role model for teaching, research, and outreach.
- Elevates the productivity and success of the mentee.
The recipient of this Award will receive $1,500 and a plaque, and be recognized at the Annual Academic Achievement Awards Ceremony and at the Annual Graduate College Awards Ceremony.
Outstanding Graduate Faculty Mentorship Award Winner
Dr. Jacimaria Batista, Engineering
Dr. Lori Candela, Nursing
Dr. Janet Dufek, Kinesiology
Daniel N. Allen, Psychology