Satisfactory GMAT or GRE score is required. Preference is given to applicants with GMAT scores above 550 (or the GRE equivalent).
Successful applicants need to have earned a B grade (or equivalent) in the following courses (or equivalent courses):
- Introductory Finance (FIN 301)
- Introductory Financial Accounting (ACC 201)
- Introductory Microeconomics (ECON 102)
- Introductory Statistics (ECON 261)
- Introductory Mathematical Economics (ECON 440) or Calculus (Math 181)
Interested students, regardless of undergraduate major, are encouraged to apply. Applicants with undergraduate degrees in business or quantitative areas (such as Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics) can likely spend less time fulfilling the prerequisite requirements. But applicants without a business or quantitative background, after satisfactorily completing the prerequisite requirements, can certainly succeed in the program. The program is targeted at full-time students, but part-time enrollment is feasible with a longer time frame for completion. Students can apply for admission before all prerequisites have been met, but they must complete the prerequisite courses prior to starting the program.
Integrated BS-MS Subplan Admission Requirements
The Accelerated BS-MS degree program is designed to provide high-achieving UNLV Finance undergraduate students with the opportunity to take graduate courses that can count toward both the B.S. and MSQF degree programs at UNLV.
Up to six credits of approved graduate-level coursework, with a grade of C or better, can be taken as 400-level electives and those credits will be waived for the graduate degree.
Students must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for the Accelerated Program subplan:
- Completion of FIN 303 and FIN 307 with a minimum grade of B for both courses.
- Submission of a completed UNLV Graduate College Approval for an Undergraduate to Enroll in a Graduate-Level Course form to the Graduate College, no less than two weeks before the beginning of the semester for which they would like to register for graduate courses.
- All admissions to Subplan 2 (Accelerated BS-MS subplan) will be conditional on earning a B or better in the 700-level courses in which they are enrolled while in undergraduate status.
- All domestic and international applicants must review and follow the Graduate College Admission and Registration Requirements.
- Students are accepted into a degree program as described in the Graduate Catalog.
The faculty and corresponding sub-disciplines and sub-plans within the described programs are subject to change at any time.