UNLV Tuition+ Award Program
About the Program
This award provides Nevada residents, DACA or undocumented Nevada residents, whose Expected Family Contribution (EFC) falls within Federal Pell Grant eligibility range, enough grant funds to pay for 12 credit hours of tuition and fees each semester, plus another $1,000 for books for the school year.
This program will be effective beginning fall semester 2020.
- Must be a Nevada resident, DACA Nevada resident or Undocumented Nevada resident.
- The FAFSA or Alternate Need Determination Form must demonstrate an EFC within a Federal Pell Grant eligibility range.
- U.S. Citizens or eligible non-citizens must complete the FAFSA each year by the December 1 priority consideration deadline.
- DACA or Undocumented Nevada residents must complete the Alternate Need Determination Form each year by the December 1 priority consideration deadline.
- Must be admitted to UNLV by December 1.
- Must enroll and complete at least 12 credit hours per semester.
- Cumulative GPA must be 2.25 or higher each semester.
- Cannot exceed 135 completed credit hours.
Automatic consideration based upon the award criteria.
This is a 4-year, renewable award for students who continue to meet eligibility requirements and if funds are available at the time of award consideration. This is not an entitlement program. Funding is limited on a first-come, first-served basis.
Must be meeting the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy.
- Non-resident and international students are not eligible.
- Part-time students are not eligible.
- Graduate, medical, law or dental students are not eligible.
- The award will not increase if a student takes more than 12 credit hours per semester.
- Differential tuition, lab fees, health insurance, on-campus housing, on-campus meal plan, library fines, parking fines, late fees, orientation fees, etc., are not factored into the award value. You may have out of pocket expenses associated with these charges on your billing statement.
- Students who elect to graduate with more than one major (double, triple major) will likely run out of award eligibility before college graduation. This award program is designed to complete only one major. You cannot appeal to extend your eligibility beyond 135 credit hours.
- Students who have earned AP credits/college credits while in high school are advised these credits will apply toward the 135 maximum credit limit. Please consult with your academic advisor to review your degree program required courses.
- This program is not available during the summer terms.
- UNLV reserves the right to discontinue or make adjustments to this program at any time. In the event this award program would be discontinued, students currently receiving a UNLV Tuition+ Award would be provided two semesters of advance notice.
A student who drops below 12 credit hours per semester or does not meet the 2.25 cumulative semester GPA for the first time will be placed on award probation; however, upon resolution of these items, a student may continue eligibility within the UNLV Tuition + Award program. If there is a second occurrence in the future, eligibility for this program will be forfeited.
If a student who was already on award probation does not again meet the minimum 12 completed credit hours per semester or the minimum 2.25 cumulative GPA per semester requirements, the student is permanently disqualified from future consideration for this award program.
There is no appeal process. Your award probation period was your opportunity to self-correct any academic or other personal concerns to meet the eligibility requirements. You are no longer eligible for this program. The previous award probation period provided acted as an appeal process for your benefit.