Grievances from the faculty are a serious matter. They are given serious and timely consideration within the Faculty Senate. A separate appendix of the Faculty Senate Bylaws details the deadlines, steps and procedure for consideration of a grievance. In addition to the procedures in the appendix, the senate bylaws charge:
6.10 The Grievance Committee shall periodically review policy regarding grievances, recommending revisions in current policy whenever desirable. It shall also investigate grievances involving faculty and administrative faculty.
The committee is a large pool of administrators and faculty from which the Chair of the Faculty Senate will select members to consider an individual grievance.
- 4 tenured academic faculty from each degree granting college and school
- 4 tenured librarians
- 18 administrative faculty members
- 2 administration representatives
- 2 alternate administration representatives
- The following administrative faculty units will have three representatives each on the committee:
- Student Affairs
- University and Community Relations