About the Executive MBA
The UNLV Executive MBA places you among a group of high-achieving senior to mid-career executives, thought leaders, and entrepreneurs – collectively known as a cohort – in a collaborative, team-oriented learning environment. The experience combines lectures, case studies, simulations, participant presentations, and group work to enhance your interpersonal and team management capabilities.
For 18 months, your Executive MBA cohort is immersed in relevant, leadership-focused business curriculum; with training, perspective, and transformative insight provided by top UNLV educators and executives from leading industries. This blend of professors and practitioners allows you to gain real world exposure to modern business challenges, while positing solutions that can be implemented immediately in your day-to-day workflow.
Convenient Learning Format
Executive MBA classes begin in June with one week of concentrated in-class coursework, allowing you to become familiar with your curriculum, your cohort, and the EMBA format. Following the first week, the program shifts to intense, two-day sessions every other Friday and Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., giving you the flexibility to balance the responsibilities of work, school, and family. As a general rule of thumb, you should set aside an additional 20 hours per week outside of class to complete your program.
TOP 5 REASONS TO PURSUE YOUR EXECUTIVE MBA
- Become a more strategic, informed, and compassionate leader
- Add advanced business skills to your toolbox
- Take command of your career trajectory and determine your own future
- Enhance your collaborative skills with meaningful work
- Improve your earning potential and career outcomes
As a working professional, you will have a support system throughout your Executive MBA journey. This concierge experience provides you with guidance from EMBA staff, who will complete many administrative tasks – registration, ordering textbooks, paperwork, etc. – on your behalf, allowing you to focus solely on your education.
Additional features of the Executive MBA format include:
- Dedicated EMBA suite
- Capstone International Seminar experience
- Executive coaching and career guidance
- Alumni networking events
- All class materials delivered directly to you
- UNLV student parking permit
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided on class days