Dual Degree: Master of Science in Engineering - Electrical Engineering & Master of Science - Mathematical Sciences
The dual M.S.E. – Electrical Engineering and the M.S. – Mathematical Sciences program is designed for those who want to pursue the M.S.E. degree in Electrical Engineering or a career in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in applied Mathematics. The program prepares graduate students with complementing educational components covering electrical engineering and mathematics, which is the basis of all engineering. The students graduating from this program will be well-prepared with a well-rounded background.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at UNLV offers a number of program options leading to the M.S.E. degree in the Field of Electrical Engineering. Specific major areas of study currently available include: Communications, Computer Engineering, Control System Theory, Electromagnetics and Optics, Electronics, Power Systems, Signal Processing, and Solid State Materials and Devices.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
Course Only Option:
- Demonstrate a strong technical knowledge in chosen electrical engineering field by passing a comprehensive exam in the student's major area of study near the completion of the degree program.
- Demonstrate strong technical knowledge in electrical engineering field by successfully completing course work and integrating knowledge learned in their course work into a thesis.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn independently by completing a creative or research project and reporting on this activity in a thesis which should include
- A hypothesis (or hypotheses)
- A motivation
- A set of objectives and goals
- A critical literature review
- A theoretical, experimental and/or modeling study
- A conclusion
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate technical information orally and in writing at an acceptable level of proficiency.
If there are no Plans of Study listed under this program, they may be listed under one of its sub-plans.
Plans of Study: Part IIN/A
Integrated BS-MS Track
Plans of Study: Part II
- 2018-19, Electrical Engineering Requirements
- 2018-19, Mathematical Sciences Requirements
- 2017-18, Electrical Engineering Requirements
- 2016-17, Electrical Engineering Requirements