A graphic of the USA flag in the background and a pile of tax related documents, a magnifying glass, USA dollars, and a calculator

Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance Office

Our office reviews and approves foreign payments for the university including related IRS tax withholding and reporting.

Our Services

A jar of coins and a graduation cap on top of a book with a blackboard in the background

Scholarships, Fellowships, & Awards

We assist foreign students who receive financial aid, scholarships, fellowships, or awards.

A person handing over a check to someone


We provide help to foreign employees who receive payroll wages, salaries, or compensation payments for services performed.

A microphone in focus while the background is blurred

Guest Speakers, Consultants, & Independent Contractors

We help foreign guest speakers, consultants, and independent contractors who receive compensation for services performed or travel reimbursement.

Two people pointing to a computer screen while multiple currency icons layered on top

Foreign Vendors

We may help with vendor payment registration, IRS forms, and provide more information for foreign companies/entities.

A magnifying glass, tax documents, a calculator, US dollars, and a pen on a wooden floor

Tax Return Assistance & Information

Our office assists with annual IRS nonresident U.S. tax returns.

A person writing down on a form using a pen


We maintain several forms for foreign individuals and companies/entities.

Request a Change of Address

If you have recently moved, it is important to update your address to ensure you receive important documents in a timely manner. Depending on your affiliation with the university, you may either do this online or receive help from our office or the Office of the Registrar.

Note: You must also update your address online with the United States Postal Service (USPS). The USPS does not forward IRS mail. You must change your address with the IRS by completing IRS Form 8822.

  • To update an employee address, you will need your ACE login to access Workday. Once you login to Workday, you can set up direct deposit for your payroll checks and view your payslips.
    • Contact UNLV OIT at 702-895-0777 for questions about setting up an ACE account or resetting your password.
  • Note that your W-2 tax form is printed with your employee address in Workday.

F-1 and J-1 Students
H-1B, TN, O-1, and J-1 Student Interns, Staff, and Scholars
  • All H-1B, TN, O-1, and J-1 student interns, staff, and scholars must update their address by emailing ISSS at scholar@unlv.edu.
  • H-1B faculty and staff must also update their address with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) using form AR-11.

  • Update your address with the nonresident alien tax specialist via email at nrat@unlv.edu.
  • Note that Form 1042-S is mailed using your address on file.

Resources & Related Links

UNLV offers many online resources for foreign students, employees, guest speakers, consultants, independent contractors, and foreign companies/entities.

UNLV follows the policies set forth by the U.S. government. Here are some resourceful links on topics, such as immigrant visas, income tax, and social security.

We use the following online tax compliance system to assist nonresident aliens with filing federal income tax returns with the IRS.

Contact Information

Nonresident Alien Tax Specialist
Debbie Honrath

Help & Inquiry
Email for staff: debbie.honrath@unlv.edu
Email for international community: nrat@unlv.edu

702-895-1243 (staff)
702-895-0872 (international community)


Mailing Address
Nonresident Alien Tax Compliance Office
University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Box 451015
4505 S. Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89154-1015

Campus Location
Student Services Complex (SSC-A), Student Accounts Office, Room 131