The UNLV Office of Community Engagement seeks to support, facilitate, and promote collaboration, partnership, and engagement between the university and its many communities.
In support of its mission, the Office of Community Engagement administers awards that recognize campus individuals for their exceptional community engagement in the areas of: 1) service learning, 2) community-based research, 3) faculty/staff community outreach activity, and 4) student service.
These awards recognize individuals whose community engagement activity aligns with Community Engagement goals:
- Advance student community engagement opportunities;
- Engage with the community to support economic development;
- Invite the community to advance development and fundraising;
- Engage with partners to help build intellectual and cultural vitality in the community;
- Build relationships through and invite support of athletics;
- Encourage and facilitate greater community engagement; and/or
- Help solve community problems.
To learn more or to apply, please review the award categories and criteria below. Self-nominations are accepted. Applications must be accompanied by two letters of endorsement — one from a member of the campus community and one from a community partner. There is no requirement for the award to be given in every category every year. Award recipients will be recognized at the annual campus recognition ceremony.
Listed below are the faculty, staff, and student award opportunities administered through the Office of Community Engagement.