Refund checks are generated and mailed a minimum of once per week.
Students must drop all courses on the MyUNLV Registration website to receive a credit or refund. According to the refund schedule below.
Please note: Refunds for courses dropped or total withdrawals made before the deadlines listed below are mailed automatically each week. Students will not receive a refund for total withdrawals unless a total withdrawal form is filed with the Registrar's Office. Courses dropped during the approved refund periods are processed as a credit to the student's account. A refund will be processed if the student's account results in a negative balance. Per our credit card merchant agreement, if you paid tuition and fees with a credit or debit card, the card will be refunded first.
Financial aid recipients, must refer to the Financial aid withdrawal policy to understand how a complete withdrawal may affect their financial aid status and possibly result in an amount owed to the University.
Under special circumstances, students dropping courses or making total withdrawals after the deadlines listed below may apply for a refund using the Fee Appeal Form. Tuition and Fee appeals must be submitted to the Cashiering and Student Accounts office no later than June 15 of every year.
- 100% refund for all resident and nonresident fees for courses dropped through January 28, 2019. No refunds will be issued for individual courses that are dropped after this date. Please note: All non refundable fees will not be refunded even if the resident and nonresident fees may be eligible for refund processing.
- 50% refund of resident and nonresident fees for total withdrawal of all courses by Friday of the sixth week of instruction: March 1, 2019. All official withdrawals must be made through the Registrar's Office.
- There are no refunds for total withdrawal after the sixth week of instruction. If the withdrawal is because of a medical emergency, please refer to Health Withdrawal Policy and contact the Registrar's office at 702-895-3443.
- Modular classes must be withdrawn the Friday before the class begins to receive 100% refund.
- Refunds for fees paid with financial aid will be credited back to the appropriate federal financial aid and/or institutional, and will not be refunded to the student.
- No refunds shall be made for health insurance premiums, regardless of student status.
- Credit or Debit Card refunds are issued to the card used to make the tuition and fee payment.
- Please note: Refunds are computed as a percentage of the total credit fees and may be reduced if any amounts are owed to the University. Non-Federal payments such as credit card payments, e-checks or in person cash payments, may applied to any open balance on the student's account regardless of the due date.
Estimate your Tuition