The Student Health Center is offering phlebotomy service to faculty and staff for a fee. Specimen will be couriered to Quest Diagnostics for analysis on a daily basis. Only UNLV faculty and staff members are eligible at this time.
Our clinical staff have years of phlebotomy experience and are equipped to collect and process blood, urine, and fecal specimen for routine testing. Certain specialized tests may require processing methods not available at the SHC (e.g. Bleeding Time, 24-hour Urine Collection, H. pylori Urea Breath Test, etc).
Hours of Operation
Monday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Closed Holidays and Weekends
Hours of operation are subject to change.
Advanced appointments are required. Call 702-895-0280 to make an appointment and have your orders/test requisition available when you call. Questions regarding your lab orders will be asked to determine proper patient preparation prior to your appointment.
Bring the following to your appointment:
- Paper test requisition, hand written or printed from an electronic ordering system, from your physician. The test requisition must have the following information:
- Patient identification information (e.g., name, address, and telephone number).
- Patient’s gender and date of birth
- Name and address of physician ordering the test
- Test requested
- IC10 Code(s) — a diagnosis code must be submitted for insurance reimbursement.
- Insurance card.
Your visit may be rescheduled if the above information is not available.
The specimen processing fee is $5. There is also venipuncture fee of $5 (if required). Payment is due at the time of service. We accept cash, check or credit/debit card. You may also pay with your Consumer Driven Health Plan benefit card.
We do not bill private insurance. Quest Diagnostics will bill your private health insurance for tests performed. You may receive an invoice from Quest Diagnostics for the portion that was not covered by your insurance. Questions regarding billing and payment of services, or deductibles and coverage of your insurance should be directed to Quest Diagnostics Billing Department at: 702-733-7866 or your insurance carrier.
You may contact your physician or Quest Diagnostics 702-733-7866 for your lab results. We will not have access to your lab results since the testing was not ordered or performed by us.
* Note: If a maximum of three venipuncture attempts were made without success, you will be referred to one of Quest Diagnostics drawing stations for specimen collection.