During the summer months several UNLV coaches conduct summer sports camps to provide the youth of the Las Vegas valley a means of training and fun in their selected sport. Each camp is directed by the UNLV head coach and is assisted by other coaches and players.
Camp Insurance Requirements
Commercial General Liability
- $1,000,000 per occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate
- The policy shall provide coverage for sexual misconduct/abuse/molestation for events involving minors
- The policy shall name NSHE as an additional insured by endorsement
- $10,000 per claim
Accident Death and Dismemberment
- $2,500 per claim
- Sole proprietor affidavit for coaches and others working the camp
The following policy provisions shall also apply:
- Subrogation shall be waived against NSHE by endorsement.
- Insurance policies must reflect their policy is primary over any other insurance policy available by endorsement.
- Prior to the event, a certificate of insurance or form similar shall be provided to NSHE to show evidence of insurance policies and coverage required.
Any NSHE institution or sponsored event does not need to provide proof of insurance coverage when using an NSHE facility.