Regents' Researcher Awards
The Nevada Regents’ Researcher Awards are given annually to two permanent full-time NSHE faculty members at UNLV, UNR, NSC, or DRI with a distinguished record in research; one Distinguished Career Researcher Award and one Mid-Career Researcher Award. Although these awards are intended for individuals, groups — who by their collaboration have made major advances — may be recognized as well. However, the selection committee may choose to send forward more than one recommendation in exceptional circumstances.
Recipients must be nominated for this honor, which carries a $5,000 stipend.
Distinguished Career Researcher candidates must have 10 years of cumulative service in the NSHE by the date of the nomination.
Mid-Career Researcher candidates must have 5 years of cumulative services in the NSHE by the date of the nomination.
- Notification sent by Chancellor’s Office to NSHE campuses to begin the nomination process: late August/early September
- NSHE Selection Committee formed: October–November
- Campuses forward nominations to System Office: late October
- Selection Committee evaluates all nominations: November
- Vice Chancellor’s meeting to recommend award recipients: December-January
- System Office submits recommendations for award recipients to the Board of Regents: January-February
Composition of NSHE Selection Committee
- Vice chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs (nonvoting chair)
- Research Affairs Council members: UNLV, UNR, DRI
- Three external reviewers selected from a pool submitted by the Research Affairs council from UNR, UNLV, and DRI.
- The recommendation of the selection committee shall be presented to the Academic, Research and Student Affairs Committee for final approval.