Regents' Creative Activities Award
The Nevada Regents’ Award for Creative Activities is presented annually to one NSHE faculty member with a distinguished record in creative activity. Recipients must be nominated for this honor, which carries a $5,000 stipend.
Faculty at all NSHE institutions, except DRI, are eligible for consideration. Although this honor is intended for individuals, groups — who by their collaboration have made major advances — may be recognized as well. The intent is to select one individual (or group) for recognition each year. However, the selection committee may choose to send forward more than one recommendation in exceptional circumstances.
Nominations and Application Process
- Notification sent by Chancellor’s Office to NSHE campuses to begin the nomination process: late August/early September
- NSHE Selection Committee formed: October
- Campuses forward nominations to System Office: late November
- Selection Committee evaluates all nominations: December–January
- Vice chancellor establishes meeting to make recommendation of award recipients: January
- Committee recommends recipient to Regents’ Academic, Research, and Student Affairs Committee: February
Composition of NSHE Selection Committee
- Vice chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs (nonvoting chair)
- Research Affairs Council members: UNLV, UNR, DRI
- One creative artist from each (usually a former winner): UNLV, UNR, NSC, and one NSHE community college