Submit Materials to the IRB
An eligible principal investigator must be the official researcher of record on all UNLV human subjects protocols. Please review the PI Eligibility Policy to determine who may serve in this role. Students may not serve in the role of PI on a research project; however, they may submit protocols as student investigators working under a faculty member who serves as the PI on the study.
Researchers may submit a study proposal through the IRBNet online submission system. Basic steps for registering a new user account are below. All proposal packages must be signed by the PI listed on the protocol in order to be accepted for review. For additional assistance on submitting a proposal package, contact the Office of Research Integrity – Human Subjects at 702-895-2794 or [email protected].
IRBNet New User Registration
- Under the login box, select “New User Registration”
- Complete all required fields, click Continue.
- Type “Las Vegas” into the search bar, click Search, select “University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV)” from the list, click Continue.
- Enter your UNLV contact information, click Continue.
- Verify the information is correct, click Register.
- Read the instructions on how to activate your account, click Continue.
- You are returned to the main IRBNet login page.
- You must open your email and click on the activation link to activate your account before you login to IRBNet.
What to Submit for IRB Review
Information about the basic materials that make up a study proposal package can be found on our Getting Started page.
Please be advised that all current versions of forms are available for download from within IRBNet. Older versions of forms will no longer be accepted as of July 1, 2015.
IRBNet offers two instructional videos to show new users how to work with the system: New Project Submissions and Post‐submission Advanced Topics. These videos can be accessed. If prompted, enter Username (unlv) and Password (training).