Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program
The physical therapy department admits approximately 48 students each summer to its Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program. The deadline to submit all required admission materials, including completed observation hours, is Wednesday, November 1, 2017. Admissions criteria are reviewed by the faculty annually and are subject to change.
Prospective students are required to:
- Complete PTCAS application.
- Complete UNLV Graduate College application.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Complete all prerequisite course work by May 31 to begin the program in June.
- Complete 100 hours of observation.
- Complete the Graduate Record Examination, earning a recommended overall score of 300.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
Selected applicants will be asked to participate in an on-campus interview.
To complete the curriculum, prospective students must be able to perform essential tasks that involve physical dexterity, strength, and repetitive movements.
For all admissions questions, contact Dr. Keoni Kins at 702-895-3072 or [email protected].
Doctor of Philosophy in Interdisciplinary Health Sciences
The department also offers a rehabilitative sub-plan for the Doctor of Philosophy in Interdisciplinary Health Sciences degree. Consult the degree page for details, or email [email protected] for additional information.