- UNLV property is covered under UNLV’s property insurance program.
- There is a $2,000 deductible for each incident. The department must file a property loss report and provide information about the damaged property to process the claim.
- If Moving Services were to damage another department’s property during a move a property claim could be filed if the damages exceeded $2,000.
- Damages under $2,000 would be the department’s responsibility.
- UNLV property insurance does not cover personal property. Employees that have had personal property damaged by UNLV employees could file a claim with the State Attorney General’s office if the UNLV employee was negligent and caused the damage.
- Risk Management provides information to employees on what to do when this situation occurs.
Delivery Service, Department Loss, or Damage Policy Statement
It is our policy to address, expedite, and make whole all individual or department customers in the event of a loss or damage claim.
Moving Services employees document and video all incidents where loss or damage occurs to record the exception.