The Spring 2021 Athletic Training Program Application meeting will be held on March 1st, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. via Webex. To attend this meeting, you must have Webex installed on your device and pre-register via the following:
Visit the Webex Meeting link and register.
Once you are approved by the host, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the session.
Please note, you may only join this meeting after 4:25 on March 1st, 2021.
Please note: The Strategic Alliance, which comprises four leading organizations in the athletic training profession, mandated that accredited programs in Athletic Training will no longer admit, enroll, or matriculate students into a bachelor-level program after the start of the Fall 2022 semester. For existing programs to maintain compliance with this new standard, they must transition to a master’s level program.
To remain in compliance with accreditation standards, the final two classes of the Undergraduate UNLV Athletic Training Program will go through an application process, outlined below, during the spring of 2021 and 2022 semesters. Completing the requirements does not guarantee admission. An average of 14 students will be admitted once the application process is complete.
To complete the application process, students must:
- Complete or be currently enrolled in:
- KIN 101 — Introduction to Athletic Training (or equivalent)
- Spring of 2021 Application Cycle
- Complete (grade C or better) an anatomy course (i.e., KIN 223, KIN 245, or equivalent) prior to the Spring 2022 semester.
- Spring of 2022 Application Cycle
- Complete (grade C or better) an anatomy course (i.e., KIN 223, KIN 245, or equivalent) prior to the Spring 2023 semester.
- Have a UNLV cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher. If new to UNLV, the cumulative GPA from all other schools attended may be used. Transcripts from all institutions, including UNLV, are required at the time of application.
- Attend the Athletic Training program application meeting, scheduled for March 1st, 2021.
- Details for the entire application process as outlined below will be made available during this meeting.
- Complete 10 hours of observation in the UNLV Athletic Training Facilities during a five-week observation period. However, if COVID restrictions are still in place an alternative task may be assigned.
- These hours are arranged by the Athletic Training Program after the initial meeting.
- Complete the UNLV Blood Borne Pathogen Training.
- Have two recommendation forms completed and submitted to the Program Director. Please note, UNLV athletic training faculty and staff may not complete these forms.
- Submit the completed application.
- Recommendation and application forms will be made available after the initial meeting.
- Pass the written entrance examination.
- The top 20 student applicants will be invited to interview with the Athletic Training Faculty.