The Spring 2022 Athletic Training Program Application meeting will be held on March 1st, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Please note: The Strategic Alliance, which comprises four leading organizations in the athletic training profession, mandated that accredited programs in Athletic Training will no longer admit, enroll, or matriculate students into a bachelor-level program after the start of the Fall 2022 semester. For existing programs to maintain compliance with this new standard, they must transition to a master’s level program.
To remain in compliance with accreditation standards, the final two classes of the Undergraduate UNLV Athletic Training Program will go through an application process outlined below during the spring 2022 semesters. Completing the requirements does not guarantee admission. An average of 14 students will be admitted once the application process is complete.
To complete the application process, students must:
- Complete or be currently enrolled in:
- KIN 101 — Introduction to Athletic Training (or equivalent)
- Spring of 2022 Application Cycle
- Complete (grade C or better) an anatomy course (i.e., KIN 223, KIN 245, or equivalent) prior to the Spring 2023 semester.
- Have a UNLV cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher. If new to UNLV, the cumulative GPA from all other schools attended may be used. Transcripts from all institutions, including UNLV, are required at the time of application.
- Attend the Athletic Training program application meeting, scheduled for March 1st, 2022.
- Details for the entire application process as outlined below will be made available during this meeting.
- Complete 10 hours of observation in the UNLV Athletic Training Facilities during a five-week observation period. However, if COVID restrictions are still in place, an alternative task may be assigned.
- The Athletic Training Program arranges these hours after the initial meeting.
- Complete the UNLV Blood Borne Pathogen Training.
- Access will be granted to each student following the initial meeting.
- Have two recommendation forms completed and submitted to the Program Director. Please note, UNLV athletic training faculty and staff may not complete these forms.
- Submit the completed application.
- Recommendation and application forms will be made available following the initial meeting.
- Pass the written entrance examination.
- The exam will be scheduled once the application forms have been completed.
- The top 20 student applicants will be invited to interview with the Athletic Training Faculty.