Info for Potential Off-Campus Employers

In order to qualify for off-campus work-study positions, an agency must be a public nonprofit organization, or a local, state, or federal agency. Job responsibilities must not promote religious doctrine or involve political lobbying. The student may not replace or fill a permanent staff position.

Apply for a Position

Prior to receiving a work-study allocation, off-campus agencies must apply for a position through the work study unit located within the Financial Aid & Scholarships Office. A contract must be completed with the work study unit along with the application. Contracts must be renewed each year by July 1 to maintain the position. The approval process may take several weeks.

Once the necessary paperwork is completed, the work study unit will then post the open positions to Handshake, sponsored by the UNLV Career Services Office.

If you have any questions, please contact the work study unit at 702-895-4663.