*Effective Fall 2019
$4,000 per year ($2,000 per semester)
- There is no separate application to complete. Automatic consideration for this grant is provided under the assumption students meet the conditions for consideration and funds are available.
- No student should assume he or she will be receiving this grant until an official award notice has been received from the UNLV Financial Aid & Scholarships Office.
- Selected students will be notified of an award within his or her MyUNLV Communication Center no earlier than July of that award year.
Initial Award Criteria
- Students must be able to meet the UNLV academic admissions standards.
- Students must be a Clark County resident
- Students must have applied for Housing and have a signed contract by June 1st of the award year.
- Students must have applied for traditional residence hall housing as defined by the Association of College and University Housing Officers for one of the following owned and operated UNLV residence halls:
- Dayton Community
- Tonopah Community
- South Complex
- Upper Class Complex
- Students must have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Alternate Need Determination Form on file by November 15 of the award year with UNLV.
- Students must demonstrate need as determined by the FAFSA or Alternate Need Determination Form.
- Awards will be given by order of FAFSA completion and housing application.
Students are provided consumer information about their grant and are expected to understand the terms and conditions of this grant. Students who do not meet the renewable conditions will not have their grant reinstated.
- Up to 135 credit hours or 9 semesters (whichever comes first) of consecutive enrollment
- Enroll and complete 12 credit per semester (excluding summer)
- 2.0 cumulative grade point average
- Must live in a UNLV residence hall
- Must have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Alternate Need Determination Form on file by November 15 of the award year with UNLV
- Must demonstrate need as determined by the FAFSA or Alternate Need Determination Form
- Students who do not live in the UNLV residence halls during the fall or spring semester automatically forfeit this grant. There is no appeal process. This grant is conditional upon students living in a UNLV residence hall.
- Students who do not meet the minimum academic renewing requirements are placed on probation and notified of their status via MyUNLV. Students may receive this grant for one more semester of concurrent enrollment. If the minimum academic requirements are not met again, the grant is forfeited. There is no appeal process. The prior probation acts as an appeal process for students to self-correct academic performance.
- This grant is not available during the summer semester.
- If another scholarship or grant specifically pays for a portion or all of a student’s room and board costs, this grant may be reduced or canceled.
- A student who is offered this grant during a fall semester, elects to not attend UNLV, but now wants to start attending spring semester forfeits this grant.
UNLV reserves the right to discontinue or make adjustments to this grant program at any time. In the event this grant program would be discontinued, students currently receiving a UNLV Clark County Housing Grant would be provided two semesters of advance notice.
This grant is not an entitlement program. Funding is limited to first come, first served. Not all qualified students will receive this grant.