Risk Management & Safety Presents a Special Field Safety Event
Risk Management & Safety (RMS) invites you to attend a special field safety fall kick-off event happening:
This engaging and informative event is ideal for members of the campus community who are interested in field research - any research activity conducted by personnel outside of UNLV’s campuses - and education.
Participants will enjoy light refreshments and presentations from expert UNLV faculty and staff who will share their extensive field research and instructional experiences, field safety tips, and what they wish they had known before going out into the field. Speakers include:
- David R. James, Ph.D., PE, F.NSPE - UNLV Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering
- Louisa Messenger, Ph.D., MSC. - UNLV School of Public Health
- Chad L. Cross, Ph.D., MFT, PStat(R) - UNLV School of Public Health
- Barbara J. Roth, Ph.D. department chair, Anthropology - UNLV School of Liberal Arts
- Tiffany Pereira, M.S. Associate Research Scientist and Ecologist - Desert Research Institute
This field safety event is sponsored by the UNLV Field Safety Committee and RMS. UNLV is dedicated to the safety, health, and well-being of all students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and visitors at on-campus sites, as well as UNLV-sponsored activities in off-campus, uncontrolled environments.
Please RSVP to Brent Webber by 5 p.m. on September 11 to attend this special event.
This event is open to members of the UNLV community who are interested in learning more about field research and safety.