Business Competition Info Session
This is an informational session for the UNLV Troesh Business Competition. We'll be going over the format of submission and the eligibility of teams. Toward the end of the session, it will be an open floor. If you have any questions about the competition, this is the perfect session for you!
This year, the Troesh Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation will host the second annual UNLV Troesh Business Competition. The competition gives collegiate entrepreneurs experience to write a pitch deck about their startup, enhance their business strategy and learn the fundamentals to start a business.
The competition will be virtual and hosted on the Startup Tree platform. No pitching is required to enter. Applications will open on Monday, Jan. 30.
The applicant must:
- Be a current student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Be a founder/co-founder
- Create a profile on Startup Tree and apply as an individual or team
All applicants must complete the following by Friday, March 10 to participate in the competition:
- Apply via the StartUp Tree platform
- Submit a deck about your business/business idea. Please use the 8 Slide Pitch Deck template for your submission.
Your deck can exceed eight slides but can be no more than 14 slides. Be sure to provide information on all categories (headers) listed on the template.
- Jan. 30 - Application Open
- March 10 - Application Deadline
- March 13-24 - Judging
- March 31 - Winners Announced
There will be both an undergraduate and graduate winner. The following is the prize money breakdown:
- First Prize: $3000
- Second Prize: $1500
- Third Prize: $500
This event is virtual. Please RSVP to receive your Google Meet link the day before the event.