UNLV's Minor in Professional Writing is a seven-course (21 credit hour) English Department program open to all majors and working professionals. The program strengthens your workplace written communication skills or prepares you for a career as a professional writer.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in designing, writing, and editing print and digital texts for a variety of audiences and purposes in professional contexts.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Exhibit a complex understanding of common professional writing genres.
- Exhibit an ability to collaborate effectively at all stages of a writing project.
- Exhibit visual design awareness and acuity.
- Apply a broad repertoire of research and critical-thinking skills that reflect an awareness of cultural contexts.
- Develop strategies for learning digital/software applications and acquiring expertise.
- 74.18 KB
Minor in Professional Writing
Plans of Study