UNLV's Minor in Professional Writing is a seven-course (21 credit hour) English Department program open to all majors and working professionals. The program strengthens your workplace written communication skills or prepares you for a career as a professional writer.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Demonstrate proficiency in designing, writing, and editing print and digital texts for a variety of audiences and purposes in professional contexts.
- Demonstrate project management skills.
- Exhibit a complex understanding of common professional writing genres.
- Exhibit an ability to collaborate effectively at all stages of a writing project.
- Exhibit visual design awareness and acuity.
- Apply a broad repertoire of research and critical-thinking skills that reflect an awareness of cultural contexts.
- Develop strategies for learning digital/software applications and acquiring expertise.
Department of English
The English department offers a variety of courses in literature, language and writing. Our majors explore literature as an artistic medium from both theoretical and historical perspectives, in the process honing students' analytical and writing skills.
College of Liberal Arts
The College of Liberal Arts offers students a well-rounded education in the humanities and social sciences, and provides students with a solid foundation for a lifetime of learning and discovery.