Bachelor of Science in Construction Management
Prepares you for professional practice as a construction manager. Provides a well-rounded educational background in business, construction management and science, liberal arts, management, mathematics, and college physics. The program emphasizes construction science courses that are for the most part noncalculus-based.
- Graduates will meet the expectations of employers of construction managers in all areas of construction practice
- Graduates will be capable of advancement in the construction profession
- Qualified graduates will be capable of pursuing advanced study
- Regardless of catalog of graduation, students must satisfy prerequisite and corequisite course requirements as specified in the most recent catalog.
- All required and elective courses in engineering, construction management, mathematics, science, business, information science, and English must be completed with a grade of C or better. Prerequisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or better before taking the next course.
- Students must complete all premajor courses before promotion to Advanced Standing. Promotion to Advanced Standing requires a minimum GPA of 2.0 and a grade of C or better in all courses specified in No. 2 above.
- All Construction Management majors must take the American Institute of Constructor’s Constructor Qualification Examination (CQE) Level I Construction Fundamentals within one year prior to anticipated date of graduation. A good-faith effort on the exam is required.
A Bachelor of Science in Construction Management (BSCM) is intended to provide graduates with analytical, management and communications skills that enable them to plan, schedule, organize and estimate costs for construction projects. Construction managers also communicate and coordinate with diverse teams of professionals such as architects, engineers, inspectors and skilled trades in both offices and at construction sites.
Accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE)
1717 North Loop 1604 East, Suite 320, San Antonio, Texas 78232-1570 Telephone: 210-495-6161