ABET Accreditation and Objectives/Outcomes
The Bachelor of Computer Science degree program is accredited by the Computing Accrediation Commission of ABET through Sept. 30th, 2020.
The objectives of our undergraduate degree programs are to:
- Use and practice computer science in various application areas.
- Pursue advanced studies in computer science or related fields and become leading-edge researchers.
- Become leaders in the high-tech computer industry.
- Become entrepreneurs and visionaries in the computing field.
- Analyze problems and identify the computing and/or mathematical techniques appropriate to their solutions.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems.
- Apply computer science theory and mathematical models to comprehend the tradeoffs involved in various design choices.
- Use current tools or techniques to implement and evaluate programs or computer-based systems.
- Function effectively on a team to accomplish a common goal.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Understand the professional, ethical, legal, and security impacts of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Appreciate an application area of computing and recognize the need to engage in continuing professional development.
Annual Enrollment and Graduation Data