Paying your Tuition
Tuition Payment Deadlines
- Friday, January 13, 2017 is the last day to pay tuition and fees for the Spring 2017 semester without a $25 per day late penalty. In person payments must be made by 5 p.m. in the Cashier's Office.
- Tuesday, January 17, 2017 is the first day of late registration. Late payment fees are calculated at $25 per day beginning Tuesday, January 17, 2017 up to the maximum of $250. Late registration fees are $50 for all students whose initial registration for the term occurs during the late registration period.
- Monday, January 23, 2017 is the Administrative Drop for Nonpayment deadline.
Tuition Payment Options
Paying your tuition and fees online through our secure MyUNLV Registration Website server using your Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover credit card is the quickest and easiest way. If you use an on-campus computer or any computer used by other people, be sure you LOGOFF the registration system AND CLOSE the Internet browser so the person who uses that station after you cannot access your personal information.
- If your credit card is declined, you will NOT be notified and late fees may be assessed. Print your account balance or confirmation number as verification that your payment was submitted. Credit cards decline for many reasons. Not necessarily because you do not have sufficient available credit. You must check back in three business days to ensure your bank accepted the payment.
- Late fees are NOT calculated into the balance total on the Web. Late fees are calculated based on the date payment received. You must calculate late fees ($25 per day, regardless of the number of credits). In three working days the updated late fees will be on your account balance.
Drop boxes open two weeks before the start of each semester and remain open during the summer sessions. There are two drop boxes on campus for check and money order payments:
- Cashiers office, south entrance of the Student Services Building (SSC). available 24 hours a day.
- Ticket booth by small parking lot near the Tam Alumni Center (TAC), at Maryland Parkway and Harmon, available 24 hours a day.
Important tips for using drop boxes:
- DO NOT put cash in drop boxes. Check, Cashier's check or money order payments only!
- Put the student's NSHE Student ID on front of each check/cashier's check/money order.
- Make the check/money order payable to BOARD OF REGENTS.
- DO NOT put your check or money order in an envelope. Drop just the check itself.
- A $25 service charge will be assessed for any check returned unpaid by your bank for any reason including stop payment.
- Checks altered in any way are not accepted.
You may make cash payments in person at the Cashier's Office, which is located next to the Student Accounts's Office on the first floor of the Donald W. Reynolds Student Services Building (SSC 136). This is the only way to pay cash for your tuition and fees; however, cash payments are not recommended. All payments made by cash can only be verified and traced by a student’s receipt number. If the receipt becomes lost or misplaced, a student loses proof of their cash payment, whereas a check or money order may be traced through banking institutions. Be safe, get a cashier's check or money order to pay your tuition and fees and put it in the drop box with your Student ID number on the front. While the Cashier's Office accepts all forms of payment, please keep in mind that long lines form during the weeks before and after the start of each semester so students paying by check, money order or credit card may be asked to leave the line and use alternate methods.
Fill out the Credit Card Authorization Form and fax the completed form back to our offices at: 702-895-1164.
Tuition Bill/Tuition Payment Amount
UNLV sends electronic notices to Rebel Mail accounts prior to the start of each semester. You may receive an up-to-date balance due on the MyUNLV Registration website at any time. You do not need a bill to pay your tuition. You are responsible to have your tuition and fees paid by the due dates. You will be responsible for all late fees regardless of the status of a bill. Nonpayment of fees may cause you to be financially withdrawn from your courses.It is not appropriate to be attending courses without your tuition and fees paid up to date.
All tuition is due by the stated payment deadline.
The University will only defer tuition and fees for “anticipated” financial aid. If your financial aid (other than “anticipated aid”) has not been applied to your tuition and fees by this date, you must pay and be reimbursed when aid is applied. Please contact UNLV Student Financial Services about the status of your aid application. It is not appropriate to be attending classes without your account paid.
Students should consult the MyUNLV website to verify their mailing address or to enroll in direct deposit. If payment is made with a credit card prior to financial aid applying, a refund will be generated to the credit card used as the source of payment.
Delinquent Account Policy
Students and former students having a delinquent (past-due) account (including tuition and registration fees, student fees, special courses fees and residence life charges billed to a student’s account in the student information system) with any member institution of the Nevada System of Higher Education will be placed on financial hold at all member institutions. Students and former students on financial hold may not receive a transcript, register for classes or be awarded a certificate/diploma until the account has been cleared and financial hold removed. The student or former student may; however, inspect the records under the provisions of the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Delinquent accounts may be sent to collection after 90 days. The student will be assessed collection/legal fees.