Upward Bound Math & Science
Our mission is to build, encourage, motivate, and create an atmosphere for learning. We provide students with the skills necessary to successfully pursue and complete post-secondary education. Upward Bound is an academic enrichment program that opens the windows of opportunity in education via self-empowerment.
STEM-ulate Your Mind
The UNLV Upward Bound Math + Science Center provides innovative initiatives to expose our students to the latest news in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Since things are constantly changing and new gadgets are rolling out daily, this section will help you STEMulate your mind to create the next big thing, see what you’ve missed, and keep up with what’s happening in STEM.
To find out if you are eligible, call or stop by our offices.
There is no charge other than your commitment to education. Your future is your responsibility!
Offered to Students
- Specialized services in math and science disciplines
- Academic counseling and career exploration
- Academic instruction and tutoring
- ACT (American College Test) and SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) college admission testing workshops
- Motivation and personal development
- Parent workshops
- Computer literacy
- Financial literacy
- Foreign language
- History and government
During the school year, Upward Bound students have the opportunity to be involved in a number of activities, including:
- Saturday tutorial, instruction and college preparation sessions at UNLV
During the summer, Upward Bound students can participate in:
- College life in the residential program at UNLV
- Daily classes that emphasize academic skills, study techniques, and test preparation
- Extensive tutoring and counseling
- Sports, cultural and recreational activities
Thank you for your interest in the UNLV Upward Bound Math & Science Center (UBMSC). Our mission is to build, encourage, motivate, and create an atmosphere for learning. We provide students with the skills necessary to pursue and complete post-secondary education successfully.
Interested students must complete the application and interview process. Applications are available online and in the UBMSC offices at the target schools served by Upward Bound Math & Science Center. Submit your application online today - your future begins here!
UNLV Upward Bound Math & Science Application Process
- Apply to UNLV Upward Bound Math & Science Center.
- Submit an online application.
- Download, print, and email your application.
- Verify Application (*Parent must verify application in email after submission).
- Email transcript and current grades to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete an interview - The UBMSC staff will contact the student and parent to schedule an interview.
- Invitation to participate - The UBMSC staff will contact the selected student to participate in the UBMSC program.