International Students and Scholars (ISS) ensures compliance with both SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) and federal law, so that the university can continue to be authorized by the U.S. federal government to:
- enroll international students;
- host and hire international scholars;
- assist and advise employment eligibility and authorization relating to international students and scholars, and visa, travel, and immigration issues;
- provide critical and specialized services to the international students and scholars of the UNLV community;
- and facilitate their transition to the campus and the U.S.