Candidates for admission to the MBA Program will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Evidence of having been awarded the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with an overall GPA of at least 2.75.
- A minimum of two years of full-time, professional work experience. Recent graduates with less work experience may be considered based on undergraduate academic performance.
- Two Personal Recommendation Letters from individuals who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate degree program.
- MBA applicants are required to take the GMAT examination. A recommended minimum score of 550 is required for the GMAT examination. GMAT scores more than five years old are not accepted. Exceptions are only granted if the applicant has completed one of the following:
- An accredited graduate degree (Ph.D.)
- A professional degree (JD, MD, DVM, DMD, etc.)
Complete an online application with the Graduate College. The MBA Program does not require a separate application.
- Application Fees US Domestic: $60 International: $95
Upload all unofficial university level transcripts when completing the application online. For the admission process to be complete, you must also supply an official copy of all transcripts to the UNLV Graduate College at the following address:
4505 S Maryland Parkway, Box 451017
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-1017
GMAT (The Graduate Management Admissions Test)
As part of the admission process, MBA applicants are required to provide scores for the GMAT exam.
The GMAT is a computer-adaptive test (CAT) which measures general verbal, mathematical and analytical writing skills. It is non-business specific and tests one's general verbal, mathematical and analytical writing skills.
The official GMAT score must be forwarded directly to the Lee Business School – Evening MBA Program. GMAT scores are valid for five years.
The GMAT website provides information on how to register and prepare for the GMAT. If you decide to retake or are requested to retake the GMAT, please notify the MBA Program of your intended test date. Your highest test score will be considered for the admission process.
Complete a written statement of purpose and upload it into your application. Personal statements should be between one to two pages in length, double-spaced and font size 12. In this statement, address how an MBA Education experience will assist you in meeting your professional career goals and include a description of the leadership or managerial attributes you will bring to the program.
Resumes or CVs may be submitted by uploading them to the Graduate College application.
Letters of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are required. The Graduate College application will allow you to provide an email address for each of the individuals you ask to submit a letter of recommendation. The letters of recommendation must be from individuals who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate degree program. The recommender can be either an academic or professional reference.