The Business Spanish Experience Minor is a unique academic program designed to develop a background in Spanish into a career-enhancing asset that is ideal for the international, multicultural business environment of our region. Combining preparatory coursework in business Spanish and international business with a culminating internship experience in a Spanish-speaking country, the minor provides credible evidence of bi-lingual language competence and the ability to do business in multiple cultures.
The minor is particularly well-suited for:
- A business major with a background in Spanish,
- A Spanish major desiring to graduate with a credential in business,
- A student in any major with a background in Spanish and the desire for a business credential.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Improve the linguistic skills required for communication and effective involvement in the Spanish-speaking business world.
- Demonstrate functional knowledge of business sufficient to contribute to the operations of an international business enterprise.
- Explain the role of Spanish culture in the context of international business.
- Describe Spanish cultural influence in the United States national Spanish-speaking market.
Minor in Business Spanish Experience
The global business environment is ever-changing and achieving a graduate business degree from UNLV will empower students to become transformative and successful leaders who make collaborative, data-driven decisions spanning business functions, disciplines, markets, and countries. The MBA program offers students an opportunity to learn from highly accomplished faculty with diverse students in an inclusive environment.
Lee Business School
The Lee Business School advances the knowledge and practice of business, develops business leaders, and fosters intellectual and economic vitality through the creation and dissemination of knowledge and outreach.