Our Executive Master of Healthcare Administration degree facilitates the rapid advancement of professionals in healthcare administration to serve in executive leadership roles with cross-functional responsibilities. With a largely online curriculum, the EMHA program allows students to meet their current professional demands while earning their advanced degree so that they can to become senior leaders in the healthcare industry.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Summarize determinants and trends of population health and assess community leadership needs and implementation approaches for healthcare.
- Describe the economic, legal, organizational, and political underpinnings of the dynamic US health system and impacts on healthcare administrators.
- Apply the principles of economics, management, and strategic planning in healthcare organizations. (To develop leadership skills that are pragmatic for today's competitive healthcare environment).
- Demonstrate adaptive leadership, communication, and relationship management skills for transforming a healthcare organization.
- Apply finance, accounting, human resource, marketing, information technology, and leadership skills for successful administration of leading healthcare organizations.
- Build upon professional ethics and behaviors acquired in mid-level management in preparation for a senior leadership role in healthcare.
- Develop an innovative and entrepreneurial curiosity that allows you to create and execute patient-centric solutions to advance your organization’s brand within the community.
- Establish or hone critical industry networks for cultivating your career in healthcare management.
Executive Master of Healthcare Administration
Plans of Study