This is a dual degree offered by the Lee Business School in conjunction with the Howard R. Hughes College of Engineering. The world is changing quickly and today’s business leaders are faced with new challenges in a complex business environment supported by new communication technologies and organizational structures. Success in the new global marketplace requires teams of executives working across functions and across borders.
The MBA programs at UNLV prepare students to succeed in today’s business environment by providing them with the needed skills, knowledge, and tools to become visionary and creative leaders. The program focuses on ethics and critical thinking, business communications, the role of the firm and its goals and markets, firms’ strategic planning and positioning, supply chain management, international business culture, information technology, leadership, and teamwork.
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Construction (CEEC) at UNLV offers a number of program degree options leading to the Master of Science in Engineering (M.S.E.) - Civil and Environmental Engineering. Specific areas of engineering that are currently available include Construction, Geotechnical, Structural, Transportation, and Water Resources/Environmental.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
- Recognize and evaluate ethical, legal, and regulatory dimensions of business decisions.
- Communicate effectively business ideas and analyses in writing.
- Communicate effectively business ideas and analyses in the oral presentation.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Apply business concepts to managerial decision-making within a global or domestic setting.
MSE in Civil & Environmental Engineering Project Track
- An ability to develop, evaluate, and assess new techniques, skills, and tools to solve complex engineering and construction-related problems.
- An ability to demonstrate engineering and construction knowledge in the area of their expertise (construction, geotechnical, structural, transportation, and water resources/environmental) Effectively communicate technical information.
Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Engineering - Civil & Environmental Engineering
Plans of Study