Healthcare administrators use strategies informed by cutting-edge research and compassion, make decisions that support individual health outcomes, and promote well-being for entire communities. Designed for working professionals, this dual program prepares students to do this by providing them with a broad range of skills to identify existing business problems and implement effective solutions across an evolving healthcare industry. Students will gain enhanced leadership and business decision-making and industry-specific health care competencies.
For information regarding accreditation at UNLV, please head over to Academic Program Accreditations.
MBA Learning Objectives
- Recognize and evaluate ethical, legal, and regulatory dimensions of business decisions.
- Communicate effectively business ideas and analyses in writing.
- Communicate effectively business ideas and analyses in the oral presentation.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Apply business concepts to managerial decision-making within a global or domestic setting.
MHA Learning Objectives
- Understand determinants and trends of population health and assess community needs for healthcare.
- Describe the economic, legal, organizational, and political underpinnings of the US health system.
- Apply the principles, management, and strategic planning in healthcare organizations.
- Demonstrate leadership, communication, and relationship management skills for managing a healthcare organization.
- Apply finance, accounting, marketing, information technology, quantitative, planning and management a healthcare organization.
- Build up professional ethics and behaviors.
- Utilize above skills necessary for advancing career in healthcare management
Master of Business Administration & Master of Healthcare Administration
Plans of Study